If you are preparing for an upcoming move then you know how overwhelming it can become. However, if you have a game plan for your move, the switch from house to home will be much smoother.
Consider the following steps to assure a steady transition.
1. What type and workload do you prefer?
2. Plan to unpack your belongings BEFORE you pack up your house
3. Pack with a strategy.
4. Moving is NOT child’s play.
5. Don’t forget to plan for your best friend.
6. Keep track of the little things.
7. Take pictures of electronic hook-ups.
8. Carefully pack cleaning products and toxins.
Products such as detergents, pesticides, and paint are heavy and unwieldy to pack. Not to mention dangerous if done incorrectly. Dispose of as many as possible before the move in an eco-friendly way. Call your city’s waste disposal department for guidance on proper disposal. For items that must be transported, pack them in a small box within a larger box for protection against leaks. Don’t overstuff boxes with these items! Consider marking these boxes in a different color, and seal them extra tight. Keep them separate from the rest of the boxes, particularly if you have kids and pets.
9. Consider getting full value insurance protection.
10. Know your rights.
·While moving can be a huge task with built in frustrations and challenges, if a few key steps are taken you can reach your end result quicker, easier, and at peace.
Now go enjoy your new dream home!
Moving tips courtesy of Realtor.com